Suggestions for cooking your catch
Directly on BBQ grill
- Pre-heat grill on high
- Sprinkle mackerel fillets with salt and pepper, steak spice, or your favorite spice
- Place fillets skin side up on grill. As mackerel has omega 3 oils in it, the grill will flare up. This is normal. The fish will stick to the grill initially as well!
- After 5-8 mins the mackerel will no longer be stuck, simply flip the fillets over and cook another few minutes with the skin side down. ENJOY!
*We don’t recommend cooking cod directly on the grill as it will flake apart and fall though!
On BBQ wrapped in foil
Mackerel & Cod
- Pre-heat grill on med-high
- Lay 5-6 fillets skin side down on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add a piece of butter to the foil package.
- Fold foil to create a closed package.
- Place package on grill and cook approx 10 mins or until done!
OPTIONAL: You can add sliced onion to the package, or add bbq sauce before cooking for different flavors. I like to make more than 1 package and try a couple of different options!
- Place all purpose flour in a bowl, add salt and pepper and mix together.
- Heat frying pan with vegetable oil.
- Coat fillets in the flour mixture.
- Place in pan and cook until done, flipping halfway.